Since 1979

•  Reaching qualified workers who are not “in the market” for a job and therefore, not looking at classified help wanted ads (especially with a low unemployment rate where qualified workers who are presently employed are not looking at classified ads)

•  Reaching people going to and from work (and working on the job) directly when they are thinking about their employment being more susceptible to be persuaded with a message that reinforces their dissatisfaction with their present employment…and gives them a viable alternative to entice them to inquire about the position.

•  Reaching people early in the week when they are more focused on bettering themselves as opposed to later in the week when they are thinking about 
the weekend.

•  Reaching people with enough frequency to reinforce the person’s dissatisfaction with the job….and give them a better opportunity!

Think about it.  Why would radio be superior to newspaper and recruitment advertising?

Using radio for recruiting you will:

•  Reach qualified workers who are not officially in the market for a job, and therefore, not looking at classified print ads (if 95% of the market’s workers are employed shouldn’t you be targeting them?   Not the other 5% that isn’t working?   The pool of job seekers reached through traditional classified advertising is just not large enough)

•  Reach ideal candidates as opposed to classified ads in the newspaper that generally reach people who have quit their jobs, been fired, are unhappy with their current position, or are trying to fulfill employment requirements.   Unfortunately, this creates a very unattractive pool of applicants 

•  Reach people while they are traveling in their cars going to and from work (and on the job) when they are most focused on their employment…and 
reinforce their dissatisfaction with a persuasive message while giving them an alternative for a better opportunity

•  Reach people early in the week when they are more focused on bettering themselves

•  Reach the high percentage of people who listen to radio as opposed to less than half the population that reads a newspaper (taking advantage of radio’s strong reach with the fact that half the people who respond to a radio recruitment ad did not hear about it themselves.   They were told about it by friends 
or family)

•  Reach people reinforcing your message enough times to make an impact

•  Improve the overall company image

•  Directly target the 18-39 demographic who are the most likely to want to change jobs (and listening while on the job)

•  Use creativity to stir more emotions

•  Reach active people

•  Reach people with times of the day that can be selected to reach people on their commute, at work, overnight, etc.

•  Pro-actively reach out to people

•  Get the ad across multiple times instead of once

•  Offer competitive separation

•  Reach potential job applicants without the clutter of a newspaper since radio gives you the opportunity to stand out from your competition and make a unique, intrusive, top of mind statement selling the benefits and image of your company 

•  Help company pride/morale

Wilder    Ideas
"Gets Results" 
Drew's Media Map
Recruiting on the Radio
Copyright Wilder Ideas 2010
Call 860-983-5030
Drew Wilder Info
Join Drew's Monthly E-Mail
Enter e-mail address
Drew Wilder Info